Friday, July 30, 2010

the dream of the dreamer.

You know the feeling you get when you find something that you love to do? The feeling that you could do that one thing, everyday, and stay completely happy? Well that is how I feel about acting. I do it without even meaning to. It is the one & only thing that I want to do. I find myself pulling my monologue book out of my purse & acting out multiple monologues, as multiple people, while I am sitting in my room. When people as me, "What do you want to do with your life?", or when I was younger it was, "What do you want to be when you grow up?", my answer was never what people expected, it was always, "I want to be an actress." As much as I love saying that, I love watching peoples reaction even more. I love the look on peoples faces when they realized that I am serious, that I actally expect to be one of the people that make it in that industry. Alot of people think that I am just a little girl that wants to be famous, and it is just a stage that I am going through. They are so wrong, and it makes me laugh to know that. It's not an, "I want to be famous!", kind of thing. My mom has always told me that if you love it and are passionate about it you can go your whole life being in the background and in films that do not make your name known, and you will still be happy. Well, that's where I'm at. I am willing to give up the life that I know just to give it a try. I love being able to become someone else. That is why when I meet new people, I sometimes introduce myself as someone else, I don't do it to "lie", I just enjoy being someone that I am not. It is the strangest, yet most amazing, thing to actually convince yourself that you are someone else. I know that the majority of people that read this will think that I am crazy, actually, the only person that I know will understand in my mom. She is the only person I know that shares this passion with me, I am beyond thankful that I have a mother and a bestfriend that understands how I feel. She believes in me, probably more than I believe in myself. So there you have it, acting is my passion. I love, live, &breathe it.

4 comments:

  1. Bug, you can do anything you want. Aunt T is right, if you find something you love with all your heart, it doesn't matter what you gain from it (fame, money, ect.) or don't gain from it, just as long as you do it. Sometimes it about giving something your best try! Who cares if you become famous or don't? Its about following your dream and your passion. You are never crazy for doing something you love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I know exactly how you feel! it's the same with my singing! One of my favorite quotes is off the movie fame "Someone's gotta make it, so why can't it be me?". i've told that to many people who tell me the "odds". andddd i'm with you, if i was only able to sing in front of 50 people the rest of my life, i'd be happy.. if you become famous and rich, that's just a bonus that comes with having a dream come true(: So don't give up! because someones gotta make, why can't it be YOU!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan! I needed to hear that! Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete